In the summer months, camisoles and tank tops are most girls' favorite garments because they are good ways of layering shirts to avoid embarrassing lighting and add more confidence in your clothing choice. However, have you been confused between a camisole, spaghetti, and a tank top?
Well, in this article, we will look at what is a camisole, how it can provide an alternative solution to an underwire or seamless bra, and make some of the different styles. In addition, there are some tips on how to match your clothes with your camisole, how to choose a suitable one and how to take good care of them.
What is a camisole?
A camisole is a sleeveless underwear typically worn by women, normally extending to the waist. It is different from regular tank tops. A tank top is a garment that has been seen by others, usually in a casual setting, outside the home.
But a cami is similar to a vest for adding warmth underneath other clothing in cold weather. In general, it is made of satin, nylon, silk, or cotton. It features spaghetti straps and is mostly matched under a jacket, shirt, or cardigan.
Where does the Word Camisole Originate From?
It was originated in Europe. It is not so strange when we consider the influence of their designs on clothing and underwear through the centuries. It was popular in France before it became a global sensation.
In reality, the name does not come from French origins as it may seem. A camisole is a word almost identical to a camisole in Spanish. To take this even further, the word camassia comes from Latin. It refers to a nightgown or shirt worn for sleeping.
Camisole VS Tank Top VS Spaghetti Strap Bra: What Are the Differences?
Unlike the other types of clothes, tank tops are not covered in collars. Instead, they have a loose fit and are usually equipped with wide straps. Tank tops are often worn on their own during the summer months. They can also be used as exercise shirts or pajamas during any time of the year.
A spaghetti bra is a specific kind of bralette that features spaghetti straps. Before we know spaghetti bras, we need to learn something about spaghetti straps. A spaghetti-strap is an extremely thin shoulder strap used to support clothing. It is named a spaghetti strap for its resemblance to the thin pasta strings. Typically, this kind of straps can be seen in garments such as swimwear, camisoles, evening gowns, and so on.
What Can You Wear with a Camisole?
- When it comes to wearing a camisole, it is versatile and you can try it with different styles of clothes. Try to wear a camisole as the foundation of your outfit and match in your special way. Here are some ways to wear a camisole.
- When you're wearing a cami by itself, opt for a loose cami to balance your look. A cami reveals a lot of skin, wearing a tight cami could make you appear overexposed. Instead, pick a loose cami to make you feel comfortable.
- Adding just a cami to a structured skirt will give you a polished look. In addition, you can tuck your shirt in or leave it untucked for a relaxed twist on a classic style.
- Wearing a cami with jeans is a great way to create a more casual look. It can also work well for a night out or a daytime look. If you're looking for a more laid-back look, go for a pair of skinny jeans.
- A sexy lace cami can be paired with a pair of conservative pants and a skirt for a more club-ready look. However, they can also work with a solid bottom piece.
How many kinds of camisoles you can choose?
There are several types of camisoles for you to choose from: spaghetti tops, deep necks, scoop neck, noodle straps, exercise shirts, and cami for short.
- Cotton camisoles: Soft cotton camisoles are extremely comfortable and are ideal for wearing in warm weather. Whether you're a woman who enjoys wearing them under a t-shirt or shirt, these versatile pieces will keep you looking fresh and stylish.
- Lace Camisoles: Lace camisoles are an elegant addition to any wardrobe. They can be worn in a variety of styles and fabrics. With their short peek-a-boo style, they can cover the entire upper torso.
- Bra Camisoles: A bra and a camisole are two-in-one inventions that can work seamlessly. The former provides support and comfort while the latter works as a shirt or under another garment. Most women prefer to wear theirs in a white or contrasting color.
- Silk Camisoles: Silk is a soft and extremely feminine material. It can be worn as a nightgown, underwear, or pajamas. Some women go for a sophisticated look by wearing theirs under a t-shirt.
- Shape Wear Camisoles: Decades after the invention of corsets and girdles, shapewear has become a new trend due to the advancements in fabric and technology. Today, women of various shapes and sizes can benefit from the various benefits of wearing shapewear because it can give their girls enough support.
- Camisole Tops: A camisole is a type of top that's worn by a younger-aged woman. It features a supportive insert and is usually designed with soft cotton. It can be worn alone or layered with other clothes.
How to Choose a Camisole?
- Material: A good camisole can not only bring you beauty but also health and comfort. A suitable camisole can be made of nylon & spandex or silk, which is both sustainable and environmentally friendlier. Their soft texture makes you comfortable during extremely hot weather.
- Clothing Type: When choosing a camisole, you need to consider the type of clothes you frequently wear. For example, if you frequently wear a low-cut sweater, a lace camisole is great for you to choose from.
- Size: Before you choose your camisole, you should measure your approximate bra size in advance. If a bra is too tight, wires or straps will stick to your skin and make you uncomfortable. However, if a bra is too loose, it can't hold your breast very well and bring you breast and back pain.
How to Take Care of Your Camisole?
Wash your underwear regularly with lingerie wash to keep it in good condition. It can remove dirt and make it smell amazing.
Since hot and lukewarm water can damage the fabric, it's important to avoid washing your bra in hot water. Instead, use cold water and rinse them softly.
Don't wear the same camisole for too many days in a row. It's also important to keep the fabrics and materials of your bra in good condition by rotating them every day.
Aside from keeping them in good shape, proper storage can also help prevent issues such as wrinkles and creases.