Buying a bra and getting the right fit is a difficult task. But, if you’re a plus-sized woman, the task is more complicated because you need to be more diligent ensuring that you choose the one that is most comfortable to wear. But here is the dilemma: plus-sized women with large breasts need all the support they can get from a bra. Hence, a wired bra might be the best choice.
On the flip side, wearing wired bras can be uncomfortable, especially if you don’t get the right fit. The safest bet is to invest in a wireless bra. Use this guide when buying a plus-size wireless bra to help you achieve the best fit and support.
Can Plus-Size Women Wear Wireless Bras?
If you are new to the whole wireless bra thing, you may be surprised to know that this is one of the best options for women with large cup sizes. There is a misconception that women with larger breasts should always choose wired bras to get the support they need. Over the past few years though, there have been more alternative styles to choose from that means plus-sized women no longer have to compromise one for the other.
With a wireless bra you no longer have to endure the pain and discomfort that comes with wired bras poking or pinching your skin. In some cases the wire adds extra pressure to your rib cage. No-wire bras are now available in a wide range of styles too. From bralettes to lounge bras, they are the perfect choice for those who need extra support while looking and feeling amazing.
Plus-Size Wireless Bra Buying Guide
Whether you are new to buying plus-size wireless bras or you want to explore new styles, then you need this guide to help you find the right bra for larger breasts.
- Know the bra sizing. Getting the right fit on bras can be extremely challenging as the sizing charts often differ from one brand to another. When buying wireless bras for plus-sized women, it is important to get familiar with the sizing chart of your preferred brand so you can get the most comfortable fit and support. Use a measuring tape to measure your own cup size and compare it to the size chart provided on the website.
- Consider the band.The band is the main support feature of a bra. A lot of women are surprised to know this and it can lead to a lot of ill-fitting bras. As long as the band fits well, then you can guarantee adequate support for your large bust. A quick trick you can use is to squeeze a finger in between the band and the skin. It should neither be too tight nor too loose.
- Check the cups. This is one of the areas that women need to look into when buying plus-size wireless bras. The cup should be full and smooth. If, when fitting the bra, you notice spillage in the front and sides, then you have to go up a size. On the other hand, it should not be so loose that there are empty spots and pockets.
- Don’t forget the center gore. The center gore is located between the breast cup and skin. It should be close to your skin so your breasts don’t spill out. Like the band, you can do the finger test. Make sure it is not too loose or too tight.
- Look at the straps. The ideal option is to go for adjustable straps. This will enable you to tighten or loosen the straps as needed. The straps can get loose over time, therefore, you should be able to adjust it depending on the feel and fit of the bra when in use.
Plus-Size Wireless Bra FAQs
If you don’t think that plus-size wireless bras are a thing, then think again. Here are a few commonly asked questions by plus-sized women who are new to the concept of buying wireless bras.
How do you choose wireless bras for plus-sized women?
In choosing plus-size wireless bras, go for styles that offer wide and comfortable straps. Ideally, your bra should be adjustable so you can get the fit right according to the amount of support you need.
You should also examine the underband to make sure that it is well-constructed. Meanwhile, the side support must be able to keep everything in place. Choose a material that is flexible enough and will maintain its shape over time.
Do you get enough support with wireless bras?
Since wireless bras lack the wire that support the cup, a lot of plus-size women are concerned about getting the right amount of support. The thing is, the level of support you get will depend on your chosen style and fit.
If maximum comfort is what you are after, then you need to choose a style that offers maximum coverage for those days when you don’t need a lot of structural support. If you want added lift, you can get a lightly lined bra so you can get full coverage without sacrificing support.
The most important thing to remember when buying wireless bras for plus-sized women is to choose the right fit. This is vital to gain the specific support you need.
What makes wireless bras more comfortable?
While wireless bras are deemed more comfortable than traditional wired bras, comfort boils down to the fit. It is important to choose a bra that has adjustable straps so you can adjust the fit and achieve the highest level of comfort.
The material used is also part of the reason why wireless bras give maximum comfort. The material is soft and breathable so it feels good on your skin. Despite the lack of a wire on its support structure, the material is flexible enough to lift and define your shape. The best part is that you won’t have to worry about pinching or poking.
Plus-size wireless bras are a lifesaver for women who struggle with fit, comfort, and support. Now, you can have a bra option that will take care of these so you won’t have to compromise when you invest in undergarments. Wireless bras offer a revolutionary fit that does not have any of the side effects of traditional bras. Feel more confident without sacrificing comfort and style.
Are seamless bras a good choice for plus sized women?
Yes - plus sized women shouldn’t think twice about investing in seamless bras as they are as supportive and comfortable. They are available in a wide range of sizes from XS to XXL. Once you have the confidence in seamless bras you may never go back. You no longer have to sacrifice support or comfort because of your larger bust - you can get both!
At Coobie we pride ourselves on making bras that work. Check out our range of seamless bras for women of all sizes.